Occupational Therapist – Neurological Rehabilitation with a Special Interest in Hand Therapy
14th December 2020
North West England.
PSP and Osiris Health are looking to recruit an Occupational Therapist to work in Neurological Rehabilitation with a special interest in Hand Therapy.
We work as part of an integrated multidisciplinary team where the best possible clinical outcomes are achieved.
- have experience working with this client group and would like to expand and apply your knowledge of the anatomy, pathology and biomechanics of the upper limb and hand
- you are a hand therapist with an interest in applying these skills within neurological rehabilitation,
Then we would love to hear from you.
We utilise the skills of hand therapy including splinting, casting, functional training, and surgical rehabilitation to assist our patients with neurological needs to reach their functional potential.
Our hand therapists are an integral part of our leading focal spasticity service and highly skilled in all aspects of upper limb spasticity management, including the art of targeted botulinum toxin injections.
If you are interested in joining our thriving and expanding multi-disciplinary team, benefiting from flexible working hours and excellent CPD opportunities, please give us a call.
- To work as an autonomous practitioner within a multi-disciplinary team to provide occupational therapy and hand therapy assessments, treatments and report writing for patients presenting with a range of conditions.
- To use clinical reasoning skills and assessment techniques to provide accurate diagnosis and individualised treatment plans.
- To utilise specialist neurological treatment adjuncts such as lycra, serial casting and splinting as part of a holistic management plan.
- To be responsible for prioritising and organising your own caseload to meet patient and service needs.
- To liaise with other health care professionals, carers, parents, and relatives.
- To provide education and training as required to clinicians, patients and other health and social care professionals.
- To participate in CPD and other developmental activities.
For an informal chat and to learn more about the role please call Angie Henry, Clinical Lead on 07469 880856. Hours to suit and salary will depend on experience.
Or please send your cv to: email@example.com