We’re hiring a Paediatric Physiotherapist12th September 2018
Salary: £25k – £42k (pro rata) permanent
Location: North West of England (home based)
Hours: Full and part time hours available
Accountable To: Clinical Lead
Time for a change? PSP are recruiting both full and part time paediatric physiotherapists to joint our thriving MDT. Are you looking to develop your skills in paediatrics, or is this already your field of expertise? Whatever your experience, PSP will support, train and encourage you to become a skilled clinician offering the highest standard of patient care.
PSP provides outstanding multi-disciplinary treatment for children with a range of healthcare needs including acquired brain injuries, cerebral palsy, stroke, congenital disorders and peripheral nerve conditions, to name but a few. We have no waiting lists and our clinical input is driven not by corporate targets or timescales, but on what each individual patient requires to allow them to meet their full potential.
- To work as an autonomous practitioner to provide paediatric physiotherapy assessments, treatments and reports for patients requiring paediatric physiotherapy input.
- To use clinical reasoning skills and assessment techniques to provide accurate diagnosis, prognosis and individualised treatment plans.
- To utilise specialist neurological treatments such as CIMT, lycra, serial casting and hydrotherapy as part of a holistic management plan.
- To be responsible for prioritising, organising and planning your own caseload to meet service and patient priorities, readjusting plans as situations change/arise.
- To liaise with other health care professionals, carers, parents and relatives.
- To provide education and training as required to clinicians, patients and other health and social care professionals.
- To participate in CPD and other developmental activities.
- To have a good working knowledge of national and local standards and monitor own and others quality of practice as appropriate.
- To assist the management team as required.
- To assist in the recruitment and retention of staff and the expansion of our services.
- Diploma/ degree in Physiotherapy.
- CSP member.
- HCPC registered.
- A minimum of two years’ experience working as a physiotherapist with varied rotational experience. Paediatric experience desirable but not essential.
- Experience in respiratory management.
We can offer you:
- Planned clinical and professional supervision.
- Regular appraisal, personal development planning and opportunities for continuing professional development.
- Opportunities to work closely with a multidisciplinary team and learn from other evidence based frameworks and approaches.
- Involvement in service development including undertaking clinical audits and project work.
- Opportunities to provide clinical supervision and line management to other members of the team as appropriate.
- Opportunities for you to provide training and teaching.
- Entitlement to the pension scheme.
PSP is committed to safeguarding the welfare of our clients and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.
How to Apply:
If you have the desired skills and experience and would like to be considered for this Paediatric Physiotherapist role then we would like to hear from you.
Please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to discuss any aspects of this role, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01772 789 746
CLOSING DATE 30th September
Job Type: Full and Part time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00 to £42,000.00 /year depending on experience.